[Paraview] Model deforms

Berk Geveci berk . geveci at kitware . com
17 Jul 2003 09:06:56 -0400

This is a feature. When the model displayed has too many polygons,
ParaView renders a smaller model during interaction. This is called
LOD (level of detail) and is used to keep the rendering rates high.
The threshold number of polygons for LODs can be adjusted by
selecting View, 3D View Properties, switching to the General tab
and using the LOD threshold slider. Moving it all the way to the
left should do the trick in your case. You can also adjust the quality
of the LOD model with the LOD resolution slider. The algorithm used
to generate the LOD is called Quadric Clustering in case you are
interested.

-Berk