[Paraview] Tcl Compiling Error in ParaView CVS

godach@juno.com godach at juno . com
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 19:20:52 GMT

Hello,

I am trying to compile the cvs version of Paraview checked out today. While not able to install htmlhelp because I don't have the adminstration right on my machine (winXP, latest stable cygwin), I still use the generated makefile by CMake to see if it works. Anyways, I got the following errors when Tcl was being compiled:

$ make
Building dependencies. cmake.depends...
cmake.depends is up-to-date
Building Utility maketcl...
/usr/local/ParaViewComplete/tcl8.3.2/generic/tclClock.c: In function `FormatCloc
k':
/usr/local/ParaViewComplete/tcl8.3.2/generic/tclClock.c:309: warning: assignment
 makes integer from pointer without a cast
/usr/local/ParaViewComplete/tcl8.3.2/generic/tclClock.c:310: invalid lvalue in a
ssignment
/usr/local/ParaViewComplete/tcl8.3.2/generic/tclClock.c:346: invalid lvalue in a
ssignment
make[2]: *** [tclClock.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [maketcl] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

The errors are referring to the assignment of the variable "timezone". I bet it won't matter to comment those two lines out, but I still would like to know if there's a better way to correct the errors. Thanks for any help!

Best wishes,

Daniel

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!