[Paraview] CVS Build error

Berk Geveci berk.geveci@kitware.com
29 Jan 2003 13:45:53 -0500

> I'm trying to build Paraview from cvs with cmake 1.6. I'm running Red
> Hat 8,  2.4.20 kernel on an AMD Tbird 1GHz.

When you say "ParaView from cvs", do you mean the release branch
(ParaView-0-6) or the development ? Also, do you use ParaViewComplete
or separate VTK and ParaView trees ?

> I took a look into that file and found this, its taking the else part
> since I see in my CMakeList file its set to OFF. How do I know if I
> should be using VKT_USE_ANSI_STDLIB???
> ---------
> #ifdef VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB
> #define VTK_IOS_NOCREATE
> #else
> #define VTK_IOS_NOCREATE | ios::nocreate
> #endif
> --------

This is a work-around for older gnu compilers. If you are using gcc 3.0
or older, you should set VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB CMake (advanced) setting
to ON. In the future, this setting will be on by default.

-Berk