[Paraview] ParaView

Amy Henderson amy.henderson@kitware.com
Thu, 08 Nov 2001 16:44:28 -0500

Sorry you're seeing most of this twice.  I accidentally sent it before I
meant to.

At 04:26 PM 11/8/2001 -0500, Malo, Alain wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I want to download ParaView via CVS access which procedure can be found at
>http://public.kitware.com/ParaView/HTML/Download.html
>
> > ParaView can be obtained via CVS using the following procedure.
> >
> > cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/ParaView login
> > (respond with password paraview)
> >
> > Follow this command by checking out the source code:
> > cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/ParaView co -r
>ParaView-0-2 ParaView
>
>When trying this procedure, I get:
>
> > cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/paraview login (in
>directory C:\CVS)
> > (Logging in to anonymous@public.kitware.com)
> > cvs [login aborted]: connect to public.kitware.com:2401 failed: Connection
>timed out
> >
> > *****CVS exited normally with code 1*****
>
>Is this procedure correct? Is ParaView still available? Need help to
>download?

Yes, ParaView is still available. The only thing I see wrong with the
procedure is that the P and V in ParaView are supposed to be capitalized,
so it should be

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/ParaView login

Please try getting ParaView from CVS again.

- Amy