[Paraview-developers] FW: [EXTERNAL] Re: ParaView | Memory consumption on Paraview (#18035)

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Tue Mar 20 20:35:05 EDT 2018

Going back to the Merge Blocks filter, I'd say that if the input grid is a
vtkUnstructuredGrid and there's only a single block on that process in this
case the Merge Blocks filter should do a shallow copy and exit quickly,
which it doesn't do. This isn't a silver bullet fix and probably won't
matter after the composite dataset rework but for what LANL wants in this
case, this would be a very simple and efficient solution.