[Paraview-developers] [Non-DoD Source] Re: Change in mpi operation of paraview and pvpython in ParaView 5.5.0-RC1-1

Hennessey, Joseph G CTR USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) joseph.g.hennessey2.ctr at mail.mil
Fri Mar 9 15:52:07 EST 2018

Andy,

Thanks for adding it as an advanced option, It should
probably default to off as that has been its historical
operation in prior versions of ParaView.

Thanks,

Joe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Joseph G. Hennessey Ph.D., SAIC
Team SAIC
Army Research Lab
DOD Supercomputing Resource Center
Email:  joseph.g.hennessey2.ctr at mail.mil

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Bauer [mailto:andy.bauer at kitware.com]
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2018 3:44 PM
To: Hennessey, Joseph G CTR USARMY RDECOM ARL (US)
<joseph.g.hennessey2.ctr at mail.mil>
Cc: ParaView Developers <paraview-developers at paraview.org>
Subject: Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: [Paraview-developers] Change in mpi
operation of paraview and pvpython in ParaView 5.5.0-RC1-1

All active links contained in this email were disabled. Please verify the
identity of the sender, and confirm the authenticity of all links contained
within the message prior to copying and pasting the address to a Web browser.

FYI: I just made an MR for this --
Caution-https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview-superbuild/merge_requests/440
<
Caution-https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview-superbuild/merge_requests/440
 > .

I made it an advanced option, also called PARAVIEW_INITIALIZE_MPI_ON_CLIENT,
and only available if mpi is enabled.

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 3:26 PM, Andy Bauer <andy.bauer at kitware.com <