[Paraview-developers] [Non-DoD Source] Re: Change in mpi operation of paraview and pvpython in ParaView 5.5.0-RC1-1

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Fri Mar 9 15:26:16 EST 2018

Hi Joe,

I don't see PARAVIEW_INITIALIZE_MPI_ON_CLIENT being set in the PV
superbuild. It does make sense to me though to add that option to the
superbuild though. As far as the default value for
PARAVIEW_INITIALIZE_MPI_ON_CLIENT in ParaView itself, I guess it's just a
matter of opinion on whether it should be enabled or disabled by default.

Best,
Andy