[Paraview-developers] What are the ways to show numeric values come from filter output?

Andrea Mantovani andreamnt94 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 10:10:40 EDT 2018

Hi all,
I'm writting a filter takes in input two mesh and gives as output the
Hausdorff Distance (so a numeric value). Now I have to show this result in
Paraview and the only way that I know is using the Field Data, so attaching
to a (deep) copy of one of the two mesh in input a field data with the
distance value. Now the result is visible into the `Information` section as
array and this is fine.

But, are there different ways to display a numeric value? And is it
possible show the result as single integer and not as array with the same
values? Actually the class vtkFieldData wants only array as input for its
methods, therefore I don't see alternative solutions but it's just asking.

Best regards,
Andrea Mantovani