[Paraview-developers] [vtk-developers] -* Plugin compilation for paraview *- (help)

Mathieu Westphal mathieu.westphal at kitware.com
Mon Jun 4 09:38:24 EDT 2018

Hi wil1, Hi ParaView dev list

As stated before, you should post on the right mailing list.
First, paraview officially support visual studio 2013, not 2015, but this
should work the same :

Here is a quick tutorial on how to build a Plugin with Ninja on windows.
please do the following :

 - Install Ninja https://ninja-build.org/
 - Cleanup your plugin build directory
 - Open a VS2015 x64 Native Tools Command Prompt
 - in the terminal :
       cd /path/to/your/build/dir
       cmake-gui
 - in cmake-gui, configure you project but instead of "Visual Studio 14
2015", select "Ninja"
 - configure, find the ParaViewDir, generate
 - close cmake-gui
- in the terminal :
        ninja

you now have a libYouPlugin.dll file in the build directory.

Best regards.

Mathieu Westphal