[Paraview-developers] pvpython and force_offscreen_rendering on OS X

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Thu Jan 25 10:00:09 EST 2018

Visualizer is another one https://github.com/kitware/visualizer.

Ok so the issue is that you are using the latest version of light-viz with
an older version of ParaView.
So to use light-viz with your ParaView 5.4.1 you will need to use the
version 1.16.5 instead of 1.17.+.

But the version of ParaView that you download from our web site already
embed both Visualizer and LightViz that would work with it. Just at the
package content.
=> https://kitware.github.io/paraviewweb/docs/architecture.html#Simplicity

Regarding the offscreen part. If it is just for development you should skip
that part or use a more recent ParaView to have that
--force-offscreen-rendering.
The new infrastructure is so much better specially on Mac where before it
was buggy.

You can download the latest ParaView with both light-viz and visualizer
here: https://www.paraview.org/download/
Then change the version to "Nightly".

Seb