[Paraview-developers] pvpython and force_offscreen_rendering on OS X

Sgouros, Thomas thomas_sgouros at brown.edu
Wed Jan 24 15:02:16 EST 2018

Hello:

The documentation seems ambiguous on the point, can anyone confirm for me
how to get a version of pvpython that runs on OS X and supports the
--force-offscreen-rendering option?

My reading seems to imply that I will have to compile from the source, but
I've been trying and failing to understand how to make the super-build
process work. If someone can confirm for me that this is the way forward,
I'd appreciate it.

Also, when using the paraview-superbuild, when I try to install, I get this:

CMake Error at
/../paraview-superbuild/projects/apple/paraview.bundle.cmake:8 (message):

  Creating the Apple package without the GUI is not supported.

To which superbuild option does this refer?

Thank you,

 -Tom