[Paraview-developers] Animation: spreadsheet view not synchronized with table

Cornelis Bockemühl cornelis.bockemuehl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 10:40:01 EST 2018

Hello,

I just see that in the RequestInformation function I am adding the
steps and range info only to the information object that I receive
through GetInformationObject(0), but then I am working also with the
objects 1, 2, etc.: Maybe this is the thing that I should change??

I will immediately try this in my code...

Regards,
Cornelis

Am Montag, den 22.01.2018, 16:19 +0100 schrieb Mathieu Westphal:
> Hello Cornelis
>
> > I've tested quickly the supports of table and time steps and it seems
to works great.
> Here is how i tested it :
>
> - Download attached .csv files
> > - open table..csv (colapsed time series of files), show in a
spreasheet view
> - click play
>
> Let me know if this works on your end.
>
> Best,
>
> Mathieu Westphal
>

> > On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 4:08 PM, Cornelis Bockemühl <cornelis.bockemu
ehl at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
or a bug in ParaView, but in any case I would be interested in a
solution first of all!

output ports - the first being an "unstructured grid" and the
others are tables. In the server manager XML I used hints to make
sure that the tables are not automatically opened at once (<View
type="None" port="..." />). This works nicely so far.

the "unstructured grid", and some data written to the tables per
period.

expect: I can go up and down along the time axis and it always
shows the proper graphical output. I can also capture the data in a
spreadsheet, and this is also properly updated.

and never again, so I can have different scenarios:

with empty tables. If I open now a spreadsheet view and look at any
of them this correct. But if I now press "play" and go from step to
step, only the "unstructured grid" gets updated, not the
spreadsheet view.

"play". With that I am at the last step, and opening a spreadsheet
view for the tables gives me the full tables - again correct. But
again: if I go back in time, the tables stay as they were initially
(i.e. full).

being shown immediately and the second only "on demand". Indeed I
could almost reproduce the behaviour: the first table does what is
expected, but the second not. Only difference with my full case:
the second table NEVER shows anything, no matter if I press the
"play" button earlier or later!

tables correctly, like: X rows, Y columns - even if the spreadsheet
view is completely empty. Or showing much more!

would have to do to trigger a spreadsheet view update or is this a
bug that needs to be fixed? (Actually I hope for the first because
then I can quickly apply the fix in my own software and I am
fine!...)

plus a screenshot that illustrates the case where the second table
shows some content only in the properties panel (left), but not in
the spreadsheet view (right).