[Paraview-developers] Missing mili and CGNS support in ParaView Superbuild

Hennessey, Joseph G CTR USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) joseph.g.hennessey2.ctr at mail.mil
Tue Feb 20 15:38:20 EST 2018

Hello,

I noticed that while there is support in ParaView itself for the
Mili format.

There is no support in the ParaView superbuild for Mili though

In projects/paraview.cmake of the superbuild these are defined

    -DPARAVIEW_USE_VISITBRIDGE:BOOL=${visitbridge_enabled}
    -DVISIT_BUILD_READER_CGNS:BOOL=OFF # force to off
    -DVISIT_BUILD_READER_GMV:BOOL=${paraview_visit_gmv}
    -DVISIT_BUILD_READER_Silo:BOOL=${silo_enabled}
    -DVISIT_BUILD_READER_Boxlib3D:BOOL=${boxlib_enabled}

Mili is not included and CGNS is forced off.

There is though support in ParaView itself for mili through the visit bridge

    -DVISIT_BUILD_READER_Mili:BOOL=${mili_enabled}

Could this be added back into ParaView (along with the ability to build
mili)?

I also looked into CGNS support

In ParaView 5.3.0 cgns was directly supported by ParaView

    -DPARAVIEW_ENABLE_CGNS:BOOL=${cgns_enabled}
    -DVISIT_BUILD_READER_CGNS:BOOL=OFF # force to off

for some reason the ParaView version was pulled in 5.4.0,
but the visit version from VTK was not turned on.

Was support turned off for a particular reason (such as would not
build or crashing)? It seems that CGNS support still exists in VTK.

I have users that use both formats and I am curious as to their status.

Thanks,

Joe

Joseph G. Hennessey Ph.D., SAIC
Team SAIC