[Paraview-developers] failure to load plugin

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Mon Feb 19 11:21:44 EST 2018

Adding back the list so others can participate in the conversation.

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 11:16 AM, Edoardo Pasca <edo.paskino at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Cory.
>
> I built PV5.4.1 myself but run the binary of 5.4.1 from Kitware.

Yeah, this probably won't work. There has been some effort in the past to
provide a proper ParaView SDK so you could build plugins  that would run
with Kitware's ParaView binaries, but that isn't currently available.

> I built my own plugin against 5.4.1.
> Actually I've tried also with 5.3.0. The strange thing is that it has
> worked in the past.

My bet would be that you got lucky :-) I would expect it to not work.

> I'll build 5.4.1 again and my plugin

Again, I don't expect this to run in Kitware's ParaView binaries unless
your compiler, built options, dependent library versions, etc., all match
up exactly with Kitware's build configuration.

Your plugin will run with the 5.4.1 you build, however.

Best,
Cory

--
Cory Quammen