[Paraview-developers] Possible bug in ParaView 5.4.1 with client/server operation

Hennessey, Joseph G CTR USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) joseph.g.hennessey2.ctr at mail.mil
Tue Sep 19 18:21:21 EDT 2017

Hello,

I have run the benchmark manyspheres.run() that is included with ParaView
Without problem with ParaView 5.3.0 but when I run it with ParaView 5.4.1
in client/server mode (connecting to remote server with multiple nodes and
cores)
I get an error from vtkPVSynchronizedRenderWindows.cxx (line 1116)

Mismatch is render windows on different processes. Aborting for debug
purposes.

When I debug this I find that number_of_windows=2863883673 (in one instance)
while the value it is being compared to
...Internals->RenderWindows.size()=1.

And then program aborts (due  to the abort call being next)

As anyone else had problems running this benchmark in this manner?

Thanks,

Joe

Joseph G. Hennessey Ph.D., SAIC
Team SAIC