[Paraview-developers] [RFC] Changelog process?

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Wed Sep 13 11:47:03 EDT 2017

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 11:16:17 -0400, Cory Quammen wrote:
> I like it, though as someone who puts together the release notes,
> usually it doesn't take too long to go through the git commit logs,
> clean up the description and make the language usage consistent. If we
> have a variety of snippets from different authors, I'll likely still
> have to do at least the language consistency editing. Also, folks may
> forget to add a snippet, reviewers will forget to require it if it is
> missing, so I'll likely go through the git commit log anyway to see
> what got missed...

Well, there'd be a robot message saying "hey, did you forget something?"
at least.

Another benefit is that these can be more easily reviewed for style and
consistency as well since Gitlab doesn't make it so easy to review
commit messages (though that is something I'd like to see from Gitlab in
the future anyways).

--Ben