[Paraview-developers] 100% CPU usage once again

Paul Kapinos kapinos at itc.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Oct 24 11:54:44 EDT 2017

On 10/23/2017 04:52 PM, Ben Boeckel wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 13:20:41 -0400, Ben Boeckel wrote:
>> I'm waiting for the dashboards to settle down so I can get a package
>> from it for testing.
>
> OK, packages were made. Could you please test again using these
> binaries:
>
>     https://open.cdash.org/viewFiles.php?buildid=5109787
>
> Thanks,
>
> --Ben

I hereby confirm that the boxed version of 'pvserver' in this version of
ParaView did *not* consume any CPU cycles in busy waiting; the processes sleep
well.
(However I used Intel MPI's 'mpiexec' to wire-up the MPI processes; but I
strongly assume that original 'mpiexec' from MPICH would offer the same behaviour.

Thanks for support! hope to see this feature in next release of ParaView.

Best

Paul Kapinos

--
Dipl.-Inform. Paul Kapinos   -   High Performance Computing,
RWTH Aachen University, IT Center