[Paraview-developers] Define NDEBUG in VTK Submodule (WAS: 100% CPU usage once again)

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Wed Oct 11 13:23:58 EDT 2017

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 18:46:02 +0200, Paul Kapinos wrote:
> We did an 'make VERBOSE=1' and what we see is for example (note the -DDEBUG flag!):

This is likely due to:

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/blob/master/ThirdParty/hdf5/vtkhdf5/CMakeLists.txt#L381

> Configure line was:
> cmake  -DPARAVIEW_USE_MPI=ON           \
>                      -DPARAVIEW_USE_VISITBRIDGE=ON               \
>                          -DVISIT_BUILD_READER_CGNS=OFF          \
>                          -DPARAVIEW_ENABLE_CGNS=OFF             \
>                      -DPARAVIEW_BUILD_QT_GUI=OFF     \
>                      -DVTK_USE_X=OFF                 \
>    -DOPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR=IGNORE                       \
>    -DOPENGL_xmesa_INCLUDE_DIR=IGNORE                            \
>    -DOPENGL_gl_LIBRARY=IGNORE                        \
>    -DOSMESA_INCLUDE_DIR=${INST}/include        \
>    -DOSMESA_LIBRARY=${INST}/lib/libOSMesa.so   \
>                      -DVTK_OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA=ON                 \
>                      -DVTK_USE_OFFSCREEN=OFF                    \
>                      -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=${INST}     ../ParaView-v${VER}

Without any build type given, CMake usually defaults to the empty
configuration which basically amounts to Debug. I forget if VTK/ParaView
reset it if it is empty. It seems they do if that conditional is firing.

--Ben