[Paraview-developers] OpenGL context provider: Qt5 or other?

Paul Melis paul.melis at surfsara.nl
Wed Oct 4 04:44:40 EDT 2017

Hi devs,

Does ParaView get its OpenGL context through Qt (either directly or
through VTK) or in some other way? I looked in the source, but could not
really find a clear answer, other than that the string "QOpenGL" is only
used in the about box code to provide OpenGL version and vendor info.

More concretely: can I build an (NVidia) GPU-accelerated version of the
ParaView client if the underlying Qt5 is using Mesa as its OpenGL
implementation? Or do the library symbols clash in this case?

Regards,
Paul

--

Paul Melis
| Visualization group leader & developer | SURFsara |