[Paraview-developers] Problems building the PCL-Plugin and ParaView 3.14.0 on Windows

Bastien Jacquet bastien.jacquet at kitware.com
Thu Nov 9 11:29:55 EST 2017

Hello Thomas,

The PCL plugin for ParaView has not been updated for a while, hence it does
not compile out-of-the-box with recent ParaView. And old ParaView (like
3.14) do not compile easily today.
Kitware could be hired to update the plugin, if you wish.

On the other hand, we internally used an adapted version for another
ParaView-based project named VeloView.
It's based on ParaView 5.1.2 (Qt 4.8.6), and PCL 1.7.1 , you can find the
win64 plugin+installer here
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3wo0Ce-gua6eG5nWDZ4amFVQjQ> (VeloView
binaries are stripped)
Note that:
- The installer shows off as "VeloView" installer
- You need to manually launch the paraview binary from <install_dir>
/bin/paraview.exe
- Then you can load the PCL plugin which is in the same zip.
- This paraview binary has a rendering bug causing the +2 columns of
"Alphabetical Order" Filter not to show. Please use CTRL+SPACE to find
pcl related
filters.

If you need more information, or wish to upgrade the plugin, just contact
me.
Best regards,

Bastien Jacquet, PhD <https://www.linkedin.com/in/bastienjacquet>
Technical Leader - Computer Vision Team
Kitware SAS <http://www.kitware.eu>
26 rue Louis Guérin - 69100 Villeurbanne - France
F: +33 (0)4.37.45.04.15