[Paraview-developers] ParaView 5.4.0 Release Candidate 2 binaries are available for download

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Wed May 17 10:47:36 EDT 2017

Sure thing. Here is the commit log summary between RC1 and RC2 with
some manual editing for clarity and brevity.

* 2ef0dbe - CGNS: add option to not load mesh
* ffb19d9 - CGNS: improve support for families.
* 8359a42 - Adding a source that can create a variety of unstructured cell types
* 461812e - Use source name for root node in multiblock inspector
* cb5fd0e - add option to expand the multiblock inspector tree fully.
* 77daa78 - Don't show inspector for non-composite datasets.
* 75fb814 - Fix sphinx API generation
* 240dd21 - ParaViewWeb: Provide main camera ref for local rendering
* 47f2053 - Add required libharu for PDF export
* c137764 - Enable HiDPI display mode where appropriate, including
Macs with Retina displays
* 917b5b5 - Fix flash when doing selection in render view.
* cce243e - Better default position for multiblock inspector.
* 2d4c4a9 - Fix coloring for pieces in multipiece.
* f7262b5 - Deprecate pqMultiBlockInspectorPanel.
* ed18919 - Add pqMultiBlockInspectorWidget.
* 616e636 - Enhancements to pqCompositeDataInformationTreeModel.
* 5d6805a - Add ability to save/restore expand state for tree view in
multi block inspector
* 1c93a86 - Add support for parallel batch processing from python
* 7373430 - Sphinx: handle python 2 or 3
* 7a0c0ca - Add an option to load state to fail when file is not in
data directory
* 9e0910b - Added backwards compatibility for color legend AspectRatio
and Position2 properties
* c3cbd98 - Disable NSHighResolutionCapable Info.plist setting when
building with Qt4
* 94d8c76 - doxygen: address warnings
* 6b7dfa8 - Add possibility to turn off automatic display of filter output.
* 8406965 - Clarify assert messages
* 27fada4 - Capture pv center of rotation as an extra property in
ParaViewWeb protocols
* aa70a34 - sphinx_apidoc: do not encode the text
* ad5cefd - Improving documentation for Stream Tracer filters
* 0cb1d56 - Make window location names consistent between representations
* 02457f0 - expand the bounds text to show 6 digits
* 3e5eb34 - Make color legend editor dialog title consistent with
tooltip for button that opens it
* 420a213 - Change defaults for ScalarBarLength and ScalarBarThickness
* 8d985c8 - Set color legend location to AnyLocation when loading
older state files
* ed43e77 - XML conversion for removed scalar bar Position2 property
* dedfeda - Replace Position2 property with ScalarBarLength
* 00cf94b - Restore defining scalar bar length by a scalar
* dc15e88 - Small perf improvement to pqProxyInformationWidget.
* 081e80a - Add support for reading BC patches for structured grids.
* 5cb1ec1 - Fix segfault in pqFlatTreeView.
* 4efcef2 - Add `vtkBlockColors` correctly for datasets with multi-pieces.
* 9793648 - Better handling of NGON_n/NFACE_n unstructured CGNS meshes

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 10:24 AM, David E DeMarle
<dave.demarle at kitware.com> wrote:
> Cory can you summarize what changed between RC1 and RC2?
>
> thanks
>
> David E DeMarle
> Kitware, Inc.
> Principal Engineer
> 21 Corporate Drive
> Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
> Phone: 518-881-4909
>
> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 4:14 PM, Cory Quammen <cory.quammen at kitware.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On behalf of the ParaView development community, I am pleased to
>> announce that binaries and source code for ParaView 5.4.0-RC2 are
>> available to download from
>>
>> http://www.paraview.org/download/
>>
>> There was a slight problem building the Linux binary and the
>> AcuSolveReaderPlugin, so those are not yet available, but they will be
>> uploaded as soon as possible. I will reply to this email when they are
>> available for download.
>>
>> Please let us know if you run into any problems with this release
>> candidate.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Cory
>>
>> --