[Paraview-developers] xdisplay-test + display=1 => segfault

"Göbbert, Jens Henrik" j.goebbert at fz-juelich.de
Tue May 16 16:23:52 EDT 2017

Thanks, Ben!

From: Ben Boeckel [ben.boeckel at kitware.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 4:07 PM
To: Göbbert, Jens Henrik
Cc: Utkarsh Ayachit; paraview-developers at paraview.org
Subject: Re: [Paraview-developers] xdisplay-test + display=1 => segfault

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 07:55:41 +0000, "Göbbert, Jens Henrik" wrote:
> in our easybuild-script for ParaView we download the source from the link of the webpage
> http://www.paraview.org/paraview-downloads/download.php?submit=Download&version=v5.3&type=source&os=all&downloadFile=ParaView-v5.3.0.tar.gz
>
> This seems to have a dependency to OpenGL if compiled for EGL in libvtkIOVisItBridge.
> I disable VISITBRIDGE for now (see attachement)

Ah, yes, VisItBridge in 5.3.0 requires libGLU if you enable the GMV
reader, so you can also just disable that bit (VISIT_BUILD_READER_GMV).
This is fine since the GMVReader plugin in ParaView itself already
supports reading in this file format (the VisIt GMV reader is removed in
5.4.0).

--Ben

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich