[Paraview-developers] Is there a "no view" hint for filters?

Cornelis Bockemühl cornelis.bockemuehl at gmail.com
Mon May 8 05:25:17 EDT 2017

Hello all,

Writing a filter with 3 output ports, I would like to achieve a behaviour
that only the first of the ports will show in some 3D render view by
default. The second and third are actually table data which the user may
want to see or not.

With this it makes sense to have them still as output port, but without a
default representation. The user may then open a spreadsheet view and
choose among the output ports he wants to see in numeric form.

I know that in ther server manager xml you can put "hints" for
"Representation" or "RepresentationType", e.g.

   <RepresentationType view="RenderView" type="Surface With Edges"/>

What I would like to use would be something like this:

   <Representation view="none" />

Is there such a thing available? I was trying and searching the source
code, but did not find an indication.

Regards, Cornelis

--
Cornelis Bockemühl