[Paraview-developers] superbuild paraview pythonpath windows

michal wozniak michalwozniak at live.ca
Wed Mar 22 12:27:06 EDT 2017

Hi,

I am currently building a custom application based on ParaView. I have one small problem with the PYTHONPATH set by the super build.

After using CPack to create the installer, I installed my packaged ParaView on a different windows system. The installed application is missing the path to the site-package, therefore my python shell will display this error "ImportError: No module named ParaView.simple".

I used the cmd "import sys" "sys.path" to print all the path set in PYTHONPATH and I am missing this path: "bin\Lib\site-packages".

I saw this macro "superbuild_add_project_python" in common-superbuild. When is  <INSTALL_DIR> supposed to be replaced by the install path?

Is there another macro that is supposed to set the PYTHONPATH?

I am currently building the super build on window 10 using ninja + vs 2015.  I have enabled the following super build options:

  *   ENABLE_paraview
  *   ENABLE_python
  *   ENABLE_qt5
  *   USE_SYSTEM_qt5