[Paraview-developers] End of python 2 support?

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Fri Mar 3 11:21:41 EST 2017

There's no immediate plan to drop Python 2 support. The upcoming ParaView
5.3 is the first release that supports Python 3  officially (except for
ParaViewWeb components). So I'd expect we're at least a couple of releases
away, if not more, before we drop Python 2 support entirely. Python 2 is
still the Python version used in binaries that will be distributed for
ParaView 5.3.

What's more near term in dropping support for would be legacy OpenGL
rendering backend and Qt 4 (not necessarily in that order).

Utkarsh