[Paraview-developers] Enabling view splitting in a custom PV app

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Thu Jun 29 14:37:44 EDT 2017

Hi Utkarsh,

>> CMB does not explicitly create a layout proxy, and neither does it alter PV's XML ViewLayoutProxy. It just calls
>>  builder->createView(
>>    pqRenderView::renderViewType(),
>>    activeServer);
>> inside a slot named onServerCreationFinished. Should I be asking the builder to create a layout proxy first?
>

> yes. See `pqDefaultViewBehavior::onServerCreation` for how that could be done.

Still no luck.

CMB was using pqParaViewBehaviors without disabling pqDefaultViewBehavior plus it created another view in onServerCreationFinished, which I fixed so only one is used: I tried both
+ disabling CMB's view creation (leaving pqDefaultViewBehavior enabled) and
+ disabling pqDefaultViewBehavior and using CMB to create a layout + view after the server connection completes.

Both of the above ensure there is a layout and then generate a view, but neither shows the titlebar/split-view buttons.

In neither case does the "Layout 1" tab or any view titlebar appear.

I verified that pqParaViewBehaviors::setEnableStandardViewFrameActions(true) was called just before creating the pqParaViewBehaviors instance.

I also added a menu action to call the pqTabbedMultiViewWidget's toggleWidgetDecoration but it has no effect.

Also I can see pqViewFrame instances being created but then destroyed in pqMultiViewWidget::reload() at line 627.

Any ideas on how to debug further?

	David