[Paraview-developers] Visualization issues after switching from PV 5.1.2 to 5.3

Schlottke-Lakemper, Michael m.schlottke-lakemper at aia.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jun 2 03:50:14 EDT 2017

Hi Utkarsh,

Thank you for your reply. I followed your advice and indeed: Once I store the data loaded in PV 5.3 as a .vtu file, I am able to open it in PV 5.1.2 and it displays correctly.

Furthermore, I think I have identified the culprit: It seems to be a problem with the OpenGL2 backend, which seems to be the default now and which I forgot about. Once I reinstalled ParaView with -DVTK_RENDERING_BACKEND=OpenGL, things resumed to work as usual. Now this raises other questions:

What could create the problem that everything compiles and runs just fine, except for the visualization part? Maybe our OpenGL2 version is too old?

Regards,

Michael

P.S.: Just in case it still might be helpful (although I doubt it, since it seems to be related to the rendering backend), I uploaded the two files generated once by ParaView 5.1.2 (OpenGL) and ParaView 5.3.0 (OpenGL2):

monopole.pv512.vtu <https://rwth-aachen.sciebo.de/index.php/s/2jClJdm5fCTST33>
(41 MB)
monopole.pv530.vtu <https://rwth-aachen.sciebo.de/index.php/s/yyZDm6pUrIuut1c>
(41 MB)