[Paraview-developers] Paraview offscreen rendering and graphical unit tests

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Thu Jun 1 10:10:46 EDT 2017

Hi Maxim,
 Try running the following script with pvpython and see what your results
are:
# CheckOpenGLInfo.py
from vtk.vtkPVClientServerCoreRendering import vtkPVOpenGLInformation
info = vtkPVOpenGLInformation()
info.CopyFromObject(None)
print("Vendor:   %s" % info.GetVendor())
print("Version:  %s" % info.GetVersion())
print("Renderer: %s" % info.GetRenderer())

With Mesa-13.0.3, using the build instructions from
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/ParaView_And_Mesa_3D, I get:
Vendor:   VMware, Inc.
Version:  3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 13.0.3 (git-bec0411)
Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.8, 256 bits)

Or, if I explicitly set GALLIUM_DRIVER=swr:
SWR detected AVX2
Vendor:   Intel Corporation
Version:  3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 13.0.3 (git-bec0411)
Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on SWR

Chuck Atkins
Staff R&D Engineer, Scientific Computing
Kitware, Inc.