[Paraview-developers] Error While loading file using pvserver in parallel

sumeet kumar sumeet.kumar507 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 19:33:17 EDT 2017

Hello all,

I have reader plugin which works great for sequential visualization. But,
whenever I try to run parallel visualization using pvserver by running (
mpirun -np 4 pvserver), after a successful connection, I get an abrupt
error while loading my output file.  The error is

/home/sumeet/Softwares/RealESSI_ROOT/RealESSI_Utilities/SRC/paraview/VTK/ThirdParty/hdf5/vtkhdf5/src/H5I.c:1111:
vtk__H5I_get_type: Assertion `ret_value >= H5I_BADID && ret_value <
H5I_next_type' failed.

For sequential/remote visualization using pvserver by running (pvserver) (1
process) always works fine.

Also, at times I get the same error while sequential visualization as well.
But, this is very rare.

I tried to search this error on internet but with no success. If anybody
has any hint/idea to possible problem I would really appreciate that.

Thanks
Sumeet

--

Sumeet Kumar Sinha