[Paraview-developers] Python programmable source acting as filereader

Daan van Vugt daanvanvugt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 11:01:56 EST 2017

Hi,

I would like to create a plugin that uses h5py and numpy to read a file, do
some operations on it and return VTK objects.
Would it be possible to do the same thing as
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/Animating_legacy_VTK_file_series#Making_custom_readers_work_with_file_series
but instead of using a vtkPDataSetReader use a vtkPythonProgrammableSource?

I have made a (very naive) try, attached to this post.
When using this to read a series of files I get the errors (version 5.2.0
64-bit) shown below.
To test, just use any hdf5 file. (.h5)

Thanks for any help,
Daan

ERROR: In
/home/buildslave/dashboards/buildbot/paraview-pvbinsdash-linux-shared-release_opengl2_qt4_superbuild/source-paraview/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Core/vtkPVSessionCore.cxx,
line 439
vtkPVSessionCore (0x100da30): Failed to instantiate
vtkSIFileSeriesReaderProxy

global_id: 4875
location: 2
[paraview_protobuf.DefinitionHeader.client_class]: "vtkSMSourceProxy"
[paraview_protobuf.DefinitionHeader.server_class]:
"vtkSIFileSeriesReaderProxy"
[paraview_protobuf.ProxyState.xml_group]: "sources"
[paraview_protobuf.ProxyState.xml_name]: "JorekReadH5"
[paraview_protobuf.ProxyState.subproxy] {
  name: "Reader"
  global_id: 4864
}
ERROR: In
/home/buildslave/dashboards/buildbot/paraview-pvbinsdash-linux-shared-release_opengl2_qt4_superbuild/source-paraview/ParaViewCore/ServerImplementation/Core/vtkPVSessionCore.cxx,
line 794
vtkPVSessionCore (0x100da30): No object with global-id: 4875