[Paraview-developers] [EXTERNAL] Re: Scripting image compression parameters

Faiz Abidi fabidi89 at vt.edu
Tue Feb 7 16:57:32 EST 2017

You mean create a bug ticket?

Let me try to clarify a bit more on what I am doing. I am using my Ubuntu
machine for this.

1. I start the trace just like normal from "Tools -> Start Trace". I choose
all properties to track.
2. I go to "Edit -> Settings -> Render View" and select settings from the
"Remote/Parallel Rendering Options."
3. I stop trace, but nothing actually gets traced.

Does this make sense? I am not sure if this is a bug, or the trace
functionality was never meant to trace the settings but only the properties
of the scene.

If you or anyone has any more insights to this, please do share. I won't
mind writing my own scripts to do this if it is even possible.