[Paraview-developers] State Models, Data Models in ParaViewWeb

An, Michael K. MKAn at securemissionsolutions.com
Mon Feb 6 09:51:34 EST 2017

?Hello everyone,

Some questions over using the ParaViewWeb API, related to state and data models:

- What is the suggested procedure for loading our own data into a paraviewweb viewer/diagram? Specifically, do we have to create our own JSON for the state models based on the visualization components that we desire, and then load that using the CompositeClosureHelper.newInstance method, with the desired providers in the closure? Or are there other recommended workflows?

- It seems like these state models are distinct from any ParaView format. Is that correct?

?

- What about constructing our own QueryDataModel? Looking at the constructor, it seems like you need to have the data fields specified in JSON. Do we write these JSON ourselves, like the ones available in tonic.io?

- Also, it looks like LineChartViewer follows a different pattern than other viewers, like ChartViewer, for example. The constructor doesn't take in a DataModel, rather just some data in an array. Does that mean that this Viewer isn't designed to be used like the others, perhaps just intended to be used in conjuction?

Thanks much,

Mike