[Paraview-developers] Rendering in Paraview using python

sumeet kumar sumeet.kumar507 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 23:34:41 EDT 2017

Hey,

I have a reader plugin integrated with paraview that works perfectly fine.
I could use the same plugin to trace an "equivalent python code" for any
visualization example.  The generated python code can be run again on
paraview gui.
BUT, when i try to follow the same python command in python externally like
pvpython. I get the following error.

>>> from paraview.simple import *
updating active connection None
paraview version 5.2.0-RC1
updating active connection Connection (builtin:) [1]
updating active connection Connection (builtin:) [1]
>>> beam_Axial_Loadh5feioutput = pvESSI(FileName="/home/sumeet/Desktop
/Beam_Axial_Load.h5.feioutput")
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'pvESSI' is not defined

My plugin name is pvESSI. the same line works on paraview GUI mode in
python shell. I tried to look on the Internet and build the plugin inside
the paraview source itself, but the problem remains.

Others have suggested here on link
http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2013-October/029428.html, but I
dont understand where to make changes to fix this problem.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards
Sumeet
--