[Paraview-developers] Dashboards

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Sep 26 09:11:07 EDT 2016

Folks,

Dashboards are not in a good shape again. I know, given how slow
dashboards can be in getting back on certain days, we sometimes take
the leap of faith and merge things before all machines have responded
(I am guilty of that too). But, we need to spot and address issues as
soon as they are noticed. Next time, instead saying "failures are same
as on master" in your merge request comments, try to fix the "master"
failures. Ask the mailing list. Start working with someone to get it
addressed! It's a collective responsibility to keep the dashboards
green as it's helps all of us.

On a related note, be kind to the dashboards. If your merge request is
"WIP", try to hold off on testing requests until you're ready. Use
`Do: test --oneshot` to avoid auto retesting when the MR is updated.
Use `Do: test --stop` to stop further testing as soon as you spot an
issue with your MR.