[Paraview-developers] Status of Plugin_PythonQt ?

Bastien Jacquet bastien.jacquet at kitware.com
Mon Sep 19 06:03:20 EDT 2016

Hello Folks,

I tried to compile paraview master with the PythonQt Plugin (using src from
from commontk, branch patched-6).
Praraview compilation complains about:

ParaView/ParaView/Plugins/PythonQtPlugin/pqPythonQtPlugin.cxx:36:0:

ParaView/build/Plugins/PythonQtPlugin/pqPluginDecorators.h: In member
function 'QWidget* pqPluginDecorators::getWidget(pqRenderViewBase*)':

ParaView/build/Plugins/PythonQtPlugin/pqPluginDecorators.h:129:18: error:
'class pqRenderViewBase' has no member named 'getWidget'

return inst->getWidget();

Has anyone build this plugin recently ?
Is the problem on my side or should this plugin be updated ?

Context:
I'm updating VeloView's internal Paraview version from 4.3 to 5.1.2.
And VeloView rely on the PythonQt plugin.

Thanks,

Bastien Jacquet, PhD <https://www.linkedin.com/in/bastienjacquet>
Technical Leader - Computer Vision Team
Kitware SAS <http://www.kitware.eu>