[Paraview-developers] osmesa version of ParaView

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Tue Nov 29 15:39:19 EST 2016

Cory/ Utkarsh/ Guys,
I think we need to be able to build an osmesa version of ParaView, and we need this rendering option as a command line option for all Kitware Linux downloads.  The reason is that the next version of Redhat - RHEL 7 will no longer allow the forwarding of GLX contexts.  Thus, to be able to X forward ParaView back to a local computer, we will need to render into only an X window.  This is already giving us issues at Sandia with new Linux installs.

Is this possible?  How hard will it be?  Any ideas on schedule?

Before I write this up as a bug, I figured I would see what type of discussion we get in this thread.

Thanks,

Alan

W. Alan Scott
ParaView Support Manager