[Paraview-developers] ParaView 5.2 & GL_EXT_gpu_shader4 support - revisited

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Thu Nov 24 07:52:58 EST 2016

Mesa 11.2 with llvmpipe or openswr  as the driver should work fine (along
with nvidia drivers etc). It looks like your mesa build (or environment) is
picking another driver and is using OpenGL ES as opposed to regular OpenGL.
The OpenGL version string should report 3.2 or later.

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 2:32 AM, Chiranjib Sur <sur.chiranjib at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to use ParaView5.2 in Ubuntu16.04 (VMWare guest). I have build
> it successfully from superbuild (CMakeCache attached), however, I get the
> runtime error
>
> vtkShaderProgram (0x2fc83b0): 0:39(12): error: extension
> `GL_EXT_gpu_shader4' unsupported in fragment shader
>
> I see that there is a thread in the same but could not find any solution :
>
> http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/GL-EXT-gpu-shader4-
> unsupported-help-td5736435.html
>
> Even the blog mentioned is leading to a dead page
> https://www.kitware.com/blog/home/post/999
>
> Here are some of my system info
>
> csur at ubuntu:~/Work/paraview-build-system-qt4$ glxinfo -B
> name of display: :0
> display: :0  screen: 0
> direct rendering: Yes
> Extended renderer info (GLX_MESA_query_renderer):
>     Vendor: VMware, Inc. (0x15ad)
>     Device: SVGA3D; build: RELEASE;  LLVM; (0x405)
>     Version: 11.2.0
>     Accelerated: no
>     Video memory: 1MB
>     Unified memory: no
>     Preferred profile: compat (0x2)
>     Max core profile version: 0.0
>     Max compat profile version: 2.1
>     Max GLES1 profile version: 1.1
>     Max GLES[23] profile version: 2.0
> OpenGL vendor string: VMware, Inc.
> OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on SVGA3D; build: RELEASE;  LLVM;
> OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 11.2.0
> OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
>
> OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 2.0 Mesa 11.2.0
> OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.0.16
>

> ----
>
> csur at ubuntu:~/Work/paraview-build-system-qt4$ /usr/lib/nux/unity_support_test
> -p
> OpenGL vendor string:   VMware, Inc.
> OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on SVGA3D; build: RELEASE;  LLVM;
> OpenGL version string:  2.1 Mesa 11.2.0
>
> Not software rendered:    yes
> Not blacklisted:          yes
> GLX fbconfig:             yes
> GLX texture from pixmap:  yes
> GL npot or rect textures: yes
> GL vertex program:        yes
> GL fragment program:      yes
> GL vertex buffer object:  yes
> GL framebuffer object:    yes
> GL version is 1.4+:       yes
>
> Unity 3D supported:       yes
>
> Any help?

> Paraview-developers

Ken Martin PhD
Chairman & CFO
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065
518 371 3971

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.