[Paraview-developers] Error using Paraview calculator

egoli2 egoli2 at illinois.edu
Thu Nov 3 12:31:01 EDT 2016

Hi everyone

When I use calculator in Paraview to change the value of the one of the
output I get this error:

ERROR: In
/home/utkarsh/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/Common/Misc/vtkFunctionParser.cxx,
line 1484
vtkFunctionParser (0x6e70250): Syntax error: expecting a variable name;  see
position 12

ERROR: In
/home/utkarsh/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/Common/Misc/vtkFunctionParser.cxx,
line 1484
vtkFunctionParser (0x6e70250): Syntax error: expecting a variable name;  see
position 12

Warning: In
/home/utkarsh/Dashboards/MyTests/NightlyMaster/ParaViewSuperbuild-Release/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/Filters/Core/vtkArrayCalculator.cxx,
line 401
vtkPVArrayCalculator (0x6e6f900): An error occurred when parsing the
calculator's function.  See previous errors.

it happens when I type a + or - or * next to the temperature (the main field
in my simulation).

And, by the way, the apply button is always off! I do not know really why!

Do you have any idea to avoid this problem?

Best,
Elyas