[Paraview-developers] Help with advanced GUI for filter

Ellon Paiva ellonpaiva at gmail.com
Wed May 25 17:14:50 EDT 2016

On 05/25/2016 06:40 PM, Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
>> I would like to have one of the properties of my widget to be populated with
>> the names of the input arrays. Can I do it from the C++ code?
> This is where domains come into play. See how this is done for other
> filters, e,g. Threshold filter (in filters.xml) has a domain to allow
> selecting arrays from the input.

Thanks again for your reply.

I've already set a combo box from an input in the xml file in the plugin
I'm developing and it works well, and the filters.xml file helped me a
lot. The question is how to set it when the combo box is already inside
my custom widget (it's currently a QComboBox declared in the Ui class of
my custom widget). Can I still set the domain of this "sub-widget"
through xml?

What I imagine I could do is to substitute the QComboBox by a
pqIntVectorPropertyWidget and use a vtkSMEnumerationDomain somehow to
make this widget be exhibited as a combobox with the correct strings
from the input, but I don't see how.

I'm sorry about all these questions but I'm really struggling to
understand the widgets/SM-objects/proxys/domains of ParaView code and
how they interact with each other. :(

Best,

Ellon