[Paraview-developers] Handling exceptions from within a Plug-in

Ellon Paiva ellonpaiva at gmail.com
Fri May 13 09:41:27 EDT 2016

Mathieu,

I tried the vtkErrorMacro and I got the messages being printed in the
standard error in the terminal, which is not exactly what I want.

What I am looking for is something like it's shown in the attached
image: here I forced an error in a python programable filter through a
syntax error in the script. As you can see the user get an information
about the error in the "Output Messages" window that pops up when
"Apply" is pressed, as well as in the terminal. How could I print the
error message in this Output Window on ParaView?

Regards,

Ellon