[Paraview-developers] Handling exceptions from within a Plug-in

Ellon Paiva ellonpaiva at gmail.com
Fri May 13 08:54:19 EDT 2016

Hello Mathieu,

Thanks for your answer.

I think I was not clear in my question. Surely I can catch the exception
in the plugin, but I'm looking for a way to inform paraview that an
error occurred while executing the filter. Of course this information
should be passed to ParaView when handling the exception, and probably
it should halt the processing of the pipeline as well.

I'm looking now into the files of some plugins inside paraview source. I
found that some plugins use the macro "vtkErrorMacro". Would this work
for me?

Regards,

Ellon