[Paraview-developers] Customs Filters

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Tue Mar 1 11:57:40 EST 2016

Orlando,

It doesn't appear that PV_PLUGIN_PATH can be used to load custom filters.
In principle, ParaView could be made to do this, but I do not know of any
impending work that will make this possible.

You would have to add the XML description of the custom filter to the
ParaView?.?.?.ini file. This is a lot more complicated than navigating to
the location of the custom filter and loading it, though.

- Cory

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 2:51 AM, RIVERA ROLDAN, Jorge Orlando <
Orlando.RIVERA at mtu.de> wrote:

> Hi
>

> I have,  hopefully  a not so stupid question.
>

> A colleague of mine  has saved 2 Custom filters, and packed them  in one
> single xml (cpd file),  and  I would like to make  them available  for all
> users
>
> When I use the  “Manage custom plugins” windows it  shows the CWD .
>

> 1)      There is a way to load custom filters without User interaction ,
> like using  $PV_PLUGIN_PATH ?
>
> and, or
>
> 2)     “Manage custom plugin”   window  will point to a specific path
>

> Thank you so much
>

> Regards
>

> Orlando Rivera
>

> --
> *MTU Aero Engines AG*
> Vorstand/Board of Management: Reiner Winkler, Vorsitzender/CEO; Dr. Rainer
> Martens, Michael Schreyoegg
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Klaus
> Eberhardt
> Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Muenchen
> Handelsregister/Commercial Register: Muenchen HRB 157206
>
> Diese E-Mail sowie ihre Anhaenge enthalten MTU-eigene vertrauliche oder
> rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen.
> Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, informieren Sie bitte
> den Absender und loeschen Sie diese
> E-Mail sowie die Anhaenge. Das unbefugte Speichern, Kopieren oder
> Weiterleiten ist nicht gestattet.
>
> This e-mail and any attached documents are proprietary to MTU,
> confidential or protected by law.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender and delete
> this message and its attachments.
> Any unauthorised storing, copying or distribution is prohibited.

Cory Quammen
R&D Engineer
Kitware, Inc.