[Paraview-developers] error when trying to hide a sphere in a python script....

Joshua Murphy Joshua.Murphy at lasp.colorado.edu
Fri Jun 24 21:52:06 EDT 2016

Hello,

I am writing a python script to do some analysis on magnetic field lines, and I am trying to generate some images for a sanity check.

The first image I have attached is the type of image I am trying to produce (verification_(5.25,0,0).png).

The second image is generated in the same script.  The red and blue spheres that correspond to the ones in the first image should have been hidden, but when I try to hide them, I get the error:

(verification_(-5.25,0,0).png)

ERROR: In /Users/jjm390/src/Paraview/ParaView/ParaViewCore/ServerManager/Rendering/vtkSMParaViewPipelineControllerWithRendering.cxx, line 409
vtkSMParaViewPipelineControllerWithRendering (0x7fca9e4cd180): Invalid producer (0x7fca9e4e12f0) or outputPort (0)

When the final render to screen is done, the spheres are all gone, but they do not get hidden when the image is generated.

The script I wrote is attached.  Note, if you need the entire project to help figure out why it isn't working, I can share it individually.  This is the script that generates the images.

?I would appreciate any help people might be able to offer!  I am running ParaView 5.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.11.5.

Thanks,
Josh Murphy