[Paraview-developers] paraview : background thread

Chiranjib Sur sur.chiranjib at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 07:33:27 EDT 2016

Hi,
While doing some operation in PV (loading a large file or applying some
filter) often the GUI window hangs up and after a while once the operation
is completed, the GUI becomes normal.
While writing my own filter can I use some mechanism to process the
"filtering work" on the background without freezing the GUI.

Many IDEs (like Eclipse etc) has this feature. If there is something like
that sort in PV, could you please point me how can I use it in C++

Thanks,
Chiranjib