[Paraview-developers] different types of blocks , all share the same points

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Tue Jun 14 15:32:20 EDT 2016

It is possible to set the same vtkPoints instance on all blocks in the
multiblock dataset, the caveat being that any filter operating on
points alone e.g. glyph will encounter duplicated points. Another
option is not to use a multiblock dataset, instead just put all of
that in a single vtkUnstructuredGrid and annotate element types using
some cell-data. YOu can then using threshold to remove show only
specific element types.