[Paraview-developers] [EXTERNAL] Re: Bad superbuild

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon Jul 25 21:36:02 EDT 2016

> So, let me ask this.  Should I not point at MPI at all through CMake vars, but just point the PATH including the MPI compiler?

The problem is that you're not using the right/new variables and hence
FindMPI is not working. To avoid running into that pitfalls, Chuck's
suggestion works. In general, nothing wrong with setting the MPI_*
flags. If FindMPI has issues finding MPI compilers using the
environment, then often just setting following variables should
suffice:
* MPI_C_COMPILER : path to mpicc
* MPI_CXX_COMPILER :  path to mpicxx

FindMPI can then query these compilers to determine the other
variables, like include dirs etc. Note, don't mix up the
MPI_C_COMPILER and MPI_CXX_COMPILER, one is for C code, while the
other is for C++ code.