[Paraview-developers] ANN: ParaView 5.0.0 is available for download

Carson Brownlee carson at tacc.utexas.edu
Wed Jan 27 14:59:45 EST 2016

hi Paul,

Dave DeMarle requested that I help with any pvOSPRay related questions.  My name is Carson Brownlee, one of the authors of pvOSPRay.  Thank you for the feedback on this.

I can verify the memory leak in the binaries.  This is not present (or at least fairly minor) in the github repo.  If you have the time, building from the official github source here, http://tacc.github.io/pvOSPRay/getting_pvospray.html should reduce memory significantly.   We will be working with Kitware to make sure that this gets updated in future releases.

Carson

On 12-01-16 17:24, Utkarsh Ayachit wrote:
> Folks,
>
> ParaView 5.0.0 is now available for download[1]. Checkout the release
> notes on the Kitware blog [2]. As always, we look forward to your
> feedback [3].

Looks like there is a run-away memory leak when using the pvOSPRay
plugin. Simply loading the plugin, closing the default RenderView and
adding a pvOSPray view triggers unbound memory consumption without even

This is with the official 5.0.0 Linux 64-bit binaries just downloaded
from paraview.org<http://paraview.org>.

Paul