[Paraview-developers] question of IntVectorPropertyin xml

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Fri Feb 12 09:40:07 EST 2016

number_of_elements = "0" - indicates that the property will be
initialized with 0 elements

repeat_command = "1" - indicates the command associated with this
property can be called more than once, passing in values from the
IntVectorProperty with each call

use_index = "1" = set the first argument in the call to the command to
the index of the element in the IntVectorProperty

number_of_elements_per_command = "1" - each call to the command
expects only 1 element from the IntVectorProperty as an argument.

All these properties are appropriate if the signature of the command is

SetDisplayStructure(int index, int value);

If you need to set the number of display structures in advance, you
would need to define

set_number_command="SetNumberOfDisplayStructures"

which takes an int argument that will be the number of elements in the
IntVectorProperty when called (probably divided by the number of
elements per command.

If you have a function that clears out the display structure list, you
can define

clean_command="ResetDisplayStructures"

where ResetDisplayStructures() takes no arguments.

Hope that helps,
Cory

Cory Quammen
R&D Engineer