[Paraview-developers] Dashboard test output always blank

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Wed Dec 21 10:34:53 EST 2016

Hi all,

I have a branch that I'm working on getting merged here:

https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/merge_requests/1236

It adds a new XML test, CompositeGlyphTree, that always fails to render
anything on the dashboard machines:

https://open.cdash.org/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=4693485

There's no valid baseline at the moment, since I was going to grab one off
the dashboards, but there should be 6 glyphs rendered in the scene. Instead
there is nothing but the scalar bar.

The test renders properly:

- locally in my usual build environment
- locally in a fresh, clean build environment, and
- when I manually log in to a dashboard (tested bigmac) and build a fresh
paraview and run the test.

But the buildbot builds always just produce this blank output. Has anyone
seen anything like this before? Any ideas what might be different about the
buildbot builds?

Thanks,
Dave