[Paraview-developers] Strange Cave geometry

Mathieu Westphal mathieu.westphal at kitware.com
Mon Dec 5 12:38:57 EST 2016

Hi Aashish, and anyone working with cave files.

I'm trying to set up a very simple cave.
I have two screen, and the cave should be only on my secondary screen.

Here is my xrandr :

DVI-I-1 connected primary 1920x1080+0+0 527mm x 297mm
   1920x1080      60.0*+
DP-1 connected 1920x1080+1920+0 521mm x 293mm
   1920x1080     120.0*+   60.0

Initially my geometry line was the following :
Geometry="1920x1080+1920+0"

But the image in the cave was resized, too large for it's height, like when
you force a movie in 16/9
So i figured that specifying a square screen might work :
Geometry="1920x1920+1920+-430"

And it works great, except that i suppose i can't see 215 pixels up and
down of the screen, which is fine by me.

Is this a bug or a feature ? looks like a bug to me.

Mathieu Westphal